Monday, February 09, 2009

What I did with my Saturday



Wayside Quilters Guild, Sudbury, Massachusetts "9-patch Outreach" Quilt. I put this quilt top together on Saturday at our quilt guild annual "Outreach Day". What we do is get together as a guild and sew, and sew and eat and sew. This quilt is a combination of hand-pieced 9-patch blocks that guild members made at the January meeting as the "activity" of the month. I took them home, pressed them and brought them to the outreach day, found the pretty rusty red print in a pile of fabrics to use for these quilts and pieced the quilt. Its a small lap size quilt, less than 40" by about 50" or so. What do you all think.

On the knitting front, I have continued working on the Peacock Rainbow Yoke Sweater - I have completed the ribbing at the bottom and have started the sockinette stitch. I am thinking of adding a few narrow stripes near the bottom, but I am not sure yet. It would make the plain knitting a bit more exciting...

No comments: