Friday, October 13, 2006

Forest Canopy Shawl - in progress

this knitted "mess" is my in progress Forest Canopy Shawl. I purchased the pattern last weekend. I like the easy lace, the pattern is not hard to follow and I am enjoying this knitting. I have a goal of completing this by next saturday in time to wear at Rhinebeck...Yes I think that this year I will actually get to Rhinebeck. I wanted to have something that I had knit myself to wear, and I love the yarn this shawl is being made with. Its two-ply Jager Icelandic Worsted in the colorway Bearded Iris. I have just joined the second skein and have 4 skeins in all. I am thinking that I might make some fingerless mitts out of part of it to go with the shawl. The yarn was purchased at the Massachusetts Sheep and Wool Festival last May and I was waiting for just the right pattern to make something wonderful. I think this is it. I will post a picture of the shawl again once it is completed and blocked so that you can see the pretty lace pattern.

In Lone Skein news - I completed two pair of the Fetching Fingerless Mitts. They are both gifts for Christmas - I hope they are liked. I will post a picture soon of them.

In Knitters Tea Swap 2 news - my spoilee got her goodies and she loved them. What a lot of fun that swap was, I hope that Suzie does it again. I would like to participate.

No comments: