Friday, June 02, 2006

Random Thoughts - Sockapaloooza Replacements in the Works...


This photo was taken at the 2005 NH Sheep and Wool festival. As everyone within whining distance of the 2006 NH Sheep and Wool knows by now this year the show was very very wet. The MA sheep and Wool last weekend in Cummington was the opposite. What a beautiful day Saturday was at the show. We drove down to Cummington from the Wilson House in East Dorset Vermont. Friends of Bill W will know that as the place where Bill was born. I attended a Serenity weekend there with Sr Maurice and Sr Rose. The retreat (the part I attended anyway) was excellent as usual, and the Sheep and Wool was a blast. We got there (to the Sheep and Wool) by about 9:30 am and it was pleasantly uncrowded - I got to look at lots of things before I bought some beautiful Jager Yarn (Bearded Iris colorway) and also some Merino from one of the Green Mountain Spinnery Book Authors (at her own booth) some pretty red yarn for a baby sweater. If my sock pal from Sockapaloooza gets over to the site - Jennifer I have not forgotten you and a pair of savior socks (as the first pair seem to have gone missing in Barcelona (or on the way there) are in the works - the yarn is Koigu and they are pretty simple socks. I don't have the heart to make another pair of japanese feather socks right now. I am going to the Patternworks Sale tomorrow and If they have any sock yarn I will pick some up to send along with the replacement socks. If they don't have that I will look for some other cool giftie to go in the package.

I have not forgotten my backtack challenge either - that is on the plate for tomorrow afternoon. It is going to be rainy up north so maybe I can get it done in the afternoon. We shall see. Its already June 2nd so I need to get it done this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
»

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Renault 12 linkpad ppc Call center agent heimarbeit Fitness trainers in michigan Technische beschrijvingen renault Propecia for woman