Monday, August 22, 2005

Quilting Weekend...


I really did plan to post to the blog every day, but life got in the way. I did take the class with Chris Porter on Friday at the World Quilt Show in Manchester. It was a lot of fun and I actually acomplished quite a bit. Here are pictures of what I did in class. I am really pleased with my version of Northern Lights. I am in search of a name for it - any suggestions? I used Moda Marbles for all the brights and a solid black.
On another note, the show was very good, I spent too much money - no expensive machines, but a handy quilter (hope it works for me) and a kit from a quilt shop in concord (Peggy Sue) its Bento Boxes pattern done with Kaffe fabrics. The predominent colors are purples and beiges. Here is as picture of the finished quilt top (its 45" square)
The Bento Box quilt top was finished on Sunday it was fun to make, I have to do another one with blues and greens - i need to work on matching up lights and darks for more contrast....Guess I had better start sorting that stash.

No comments: