Sunday, August 02, 2009

Trio gone Bad...when life gives you lemons...


Well, I had such good sucess with the first trip around the world, I decided to make a second one as a birthday gift for my bother. Well, the prep work was fine, making the strip sets was good. Then, it came time to put it together... Well I guess my brain took a vacation yesterday, and I ended up with sonething that is not a "Trip around the World", but a quilt top that looks like its going in a single direction, not around the world. It needs one more strip (its not symetrical yet, and borders so that it will be big enough for his bed. He has a queen platform bed so the borders don't need to be huge, it does not need to hang to the floor. I have to find a few more quarter yards of the fabrics to be able to make the last strip or i will have to piece a few blocks to get what I need to get it done. Once that is done I can start thinking about the back and quilting. I will be sending it out. There is no way I am going to quilt this myself. To big and not enough time to get it done.

No comments: