Thursday, December 18, 2008

My new Dining Room


I have spent the last year looking at grubby green walls after an incident with our furnace left our house a disaster two weeks before Christmas. We had a great cleaning crew at the house, but the paint in the dining area did not stand up to washing and left ugly streaks when they cleaned. It took me almost a year to get the walls painted (took less than a day to paint) and my brother did the trim for me in two nights (1.5 hours each night). I got the drapes and valances at Walmart, and the table and chairs from Craigslist. It was a deal (60.00) and in pretty good shape too. The light fixture came from Loews and we used a can-converter to be able to hang a fixture where there was a can-light before. Overall I am very happy with the room. I also have been knitting - a scarf for a Christmas gift, and a couple of helmet style hats for my nephews. Christmas is a week from today, and I have lots to do still. Wish me luck.

No comments: