Monday, May 15, 2006

SOCKS from TINE


These are the wonderful socks I received from Tine in Germany - the color is even more vibrant in person. I have tried to contact Tine to tell her that i received the socks. I hope that she gets the email - I don't read german and tried the translator but it did not help much. The socks are very soft and pretty - a bit long in the toe, but that might be good anyway (less wear) in the toe area if they are not right against my big toe.
I have not heard back from my sock pal in Spain. I have started making a second pair of socks for her - in Trekking XXL color 106. I am hoping that the first pair get to her, but if not I will send another pair (they are working up pretty fast - i am to the foot on the first sock) lots of rain in New Hampshire meant lots of knitting time for me.
We went to the NH Sheep and Wool on saturday - I bought a couple of skeins of yarn (sock of course) and Wendy of WendyKnits book. It reads great. I am going to try her toe up sock pattern for a pair for myself. I think it will be fun to try something different.
MA Sheep and Wool is in 2 weeks - maybe it will be sunny by then. I also got a mention on Cast-On. I send an email to Brenda about the two NE sheep and wools and she announced them. I do love listening to her show. More later.

No comments: